Maia is a colony building game set in the not-so-distant future. Your colonists make planetfall on a hostile world and you must ensure their survival and their safety, constructing their off-world habitat from almost nothing and sheltering them from a dangerous, often deadly environment.
Twelve light years from earth, the planet 3452C[Maia] circles Tau Ceti. Its atmosphere is toxic, its surface is ravaged by solar flares and meteor blasts and its unstable crust is constantly shifted by earthquakes. Nevertheless, it is habitable and your task is to gain a foothold on this strange alien world, building facilities where your colonists can live and work, as well as researching the secrets that this planet holds.
Taking inspiration from games as diverse as Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital and The Sims, Maia also draws from 1970s sci fi aesthetic and features a healthy dose of dry, dark humour. It’s a mix of strategy, management, construction and terrible deaths on a distant world. Not everyone is up to the task of off-world colony command. Are you?
- A custom-made game engine with stunning graphics and visual effects.
- Advanced colonist AI that models behaviour, needs and even mental health.
- An enormous procedurally-generated world, up to 2km x 2km with multiple levels.
- An atmospheric and adaptive soundtrack that responds to in-game events.
- Detailed simulation of base temperature and atmosphere.
- Meteor strikes, seismic activity and solar flares, among many, many other dangers.
- Genetically engineered super chickens.
- Hard science fiction research based on real future tech.
- Occasionally reliable 1970s-style technology.