Explore a post-apocalyptic world and play as a genetically-enhanced girl attempting to find her father as she struggles to hang on to her humanity
Pixel Worm, LLC a newly formed indie development studio packed with talent, today announced its flagship title, EMILY – a hand-animated 2D-action platformer with an emphasis on open exploration. Set in a futuristic and decayed world, EMILY follows a genetically-enhanced teenage girl as she struggles to hang on to her humanity on a quest to save her father.
Currently being developed for PC, and anticipated to arrive on Steam before heading to other platforms, EMILY features a compelling and unexpected storyline with memorable characters, engaging Metroidvania-style gameplay, larger-than-life boss battles, gorgeous artwork, integrated controller support, and more. EMILY is professionally hand-drawn and animated, incorporating talent from veteran illustrators such as Mark Ferrari, whose work includes the classic title The Secret of Monkey Island.
EMILY’s brightly colored, animated characters provide a unique contrast to the beautifully illustrated, dismal background landscape. Learn the story of EMILY in this short, animated cinematic:
“In the year 2160, overpopulation has ravaged the planet. Despite a vicious pandemic now massacring millions, shadow-government, LibertyCorp has halted all research for a cure, with basic human rights such as healthcare reserved only for the elite. Amidst the chaos, Emily’s father, a prominent medical researcher, pioneered an untested nanobot-based formula believed to be the solution to the outbreak. Not one to be defied, LibertyCorp immediately retaliated, infecting Emily with the deadly Adenovirus. But before his imprisonment, Emily’s father attempted to save his daughter with his untested concoction. Without a chance to react the nanobots malfunctioned, transmogrifying her body into a metallic, mechanical substance. Now alone and without memory, Emily must delve into the unknown to remember her past and save her father…”
EMILY Key Features:
- Engaging 2D combat: Blast through an onslaught of diverse enemies while exploring huge labyrinthine levels
- Upgradable abilities: Discover new weapons that will help Emily progress and overcome larger-than-life boss battles
- Open exploration: Freely explore an interconnected post-apocalyptic world full of dark secrets, alternate quests, and memorable characters, all “Metroidvania” style
- Compelling storyline: Unravel the mysteries of EMILY as she fights to save her father and defeat the corrupt shadow-government infecting the planet
- Hand-drawn animation: EMILY features beautiful, hand-crafted animation and gorgeously rendered artwork by professional illustrators and animators with decades of experience in the entertainment industry
- Integrated controller support: Enjoy EMILY with your preferred play-style, including support for both brand-leader controllers and natural keyboard controls
- PC/Steam support: EMILY is planned to debut on Steam as well as DRM-free digital distribution websites before potentially arriving on alternate platforms
- Starting today, those interested can show their support for EMILY via Kickstarter and by voting for the game on Steam Greenlight. For additional information, and to pledge support, please visit:
Follow EMILY’s progress on the official Pixel Worm social media channels: