A dark but playful point & click adventure, hand-animated in glorious frame-by-frame 2D.
Ton O’ Features:
- A 100% hand-drawn adventure with a unique atmosphere and a vivid, individual style, by the award-winning animation filmmaker and self-proclaimed genius Alek Wasilewski.
- Story with a twist – a clever storyline that may surprise you.
- Humor? Check. Darkness? Check. Suspense? Check! What more could you ask for?
- LOTS of 2D animation – all characters and items are hand-animated, frame-by-frame, old-school-style.
- A living, breathing environment, full of hidden interactions. Did we mention the game would have lots of animation?
- No 3D, but on the other hand, no pretentious pseudo-retro pixel art. We love the classics, our nostalgia for pixels is as strong as the next guy’s, but we are not taking cheap shortcuts nor purposefully limiting ourselves. We are using the available resources and technology the best we can.
- Exceptional soundtrack by Edward Harrison (NEOTOKYO, LUCKY DAY FOREVER) and Elle Kharitou, dynamically illustrating the gameplay and adjusted to your every action.
- The protagonist – a little girl with a talent for bringing chaos and destruction wherever she goes. Those who dare stand in her way are in for a lot of trouble…
- Beautiful, hand-drawn backgrounds.
- Fully voiced dialogue tracks.
- Non-episodic storytelling – you will find no “Find out what happens next, pay more money!” cliffhangers here. We are not particularly fond of episodic gameplay, so here, you get the complete experience – the story told from start to finish, from the introduction to the grand finale.
- A changing, mysterious and dangerous world – even before the Wizard’s attack, the castle held many secrets. Now, bound by a powerful spell, the castle has not only become home to demons and magical creatures, but also, itself, has been affected by the evil power… It bends and shapeshifts, forming layers upon layers of transformation and illusion… It is an essential part of the plot and – especially later in the game – is tightly integrated into the gameplay.
- You can “die” in this game! – It’s an adventure game, so explore, solve puzzles… but beware. You will not always have the comfort of infinite time for solving a problem – sometimes you may need to think fast! Other times, you may want to think twice before choosing a course of action, as the wrong decision may cost you your freedom… or worse!