Turmoil offers players a visually charming, tongue-in-cheek take on the simulation genre inspired by the 19th century oil rush in North America. Get a taste of the rivalry of the time as you earn your way to become the town’s richest oil baron. Search for oil using a dowser, mole or scanner. Once found, you can build a rig, create a pipe network to bring up the oil, and store it in silos waiting for the right time to sell. Every level is time-based, so buy upgrades to sell more oil faster than your rivals. As the mining seasons float by, the town goes through different stages of growth. New upgrades become available, as well as new territories with oil rich grounds.
Turmoil is currently in development by Gamious and is currently available through Steam Early Access. After releasing several critically acclaimed games, Turmoil is their most ambitious project to date. See below which features will be implemented in the full version of the game.
- Beat your rivals as a rags-to-riches oil baron in the Campaign mode.
- Lease land at the town auction and search for oil. Use your one-year lease to extract as much oil from the ground as you can.
- Scan for oil, create a pipe network to bring it up then store or sell it at the right time and the right price.
- Don’t wait too long though; each of the mode’s 40 levels is time-based.
- Buy upgrades or acquire new tools to out-produce your rivals.
- Meet colorful characters as the town steadily grows and collaborate with them for more oil-finding opportunities.
- Play Single Game mode to get one of literally millions of procedurally generated levels and earn as much as you can in one year.
- Compare your scores against those of other players in the online leader boards.