Blending top down “squirt em-up” action and “Pyroguelike” game mechanics, Flame Over features fast-paced fire-fighting thrills, randomly generated levels, 4 different game zones and dastardly hazards at every turn!
Guide moustachioed fire-fighting legend, Blaze Carruthers, in a race against time and near-certain death! Fight through all 16 floors of the Infernal Industries building in a quest to save it from the dynamically spreading fires threatening to raze it to the ground! Fail, and it’s Flame Over…
- EXPLORATION! An all-action roguelike full of random levels, permadeath and fire and rescue fun!
- EXCITEMENT! Rescue workers, avoid deadly hazards, complete mini missions, save cats… Shop!
- EXPERIENCE! Upgrade player stats, buy powerups and chase speed runs and high scores online.
Thrown into a building on fire your job is to put out the fire, rescue those trap and reach the top of the building.
This top down twin-stick rogue-like game really rewards exploration and strategy as you move through the rooms putting out the fire and rescuing people you generate points and time it’s real fun and real challenging.
I spoke with the Lead Developer to get some tips for those of you out there needing a hand;
- Stand back from fires. If the Danger Meter around Blaze fills up you’ll lose a heart.
- If you’re getting hurt you can always leave the room and regenerate health.
- If you soak an area with your hose, fire takes longer to spread there!
- The extinguisher is VERY effective, but doesn’t soak objects, so be sure to follow up with a squirt of the hose.
- Use the CIRCLE button to throw water bombs which work on both normal and electrical fires.
- To complete a level you must put all fires out. An exit message will appear when you do. If there’s even a sliver of red on your thermometer then there’s a fire somewhere in the level.
- Use your thermometer to find the fires, the closer you are to one the fuller it wil be.
- Smokey grey fires are electrical fires. They can only be put out with the extinguisher.
- Turning off the power kills all electrical fires.
- Use the map (SELECT button) to find the quickest way to the power room and get the electricity turned off.
- Be sure to cycle between your active powerups using the left and right directional buttons.
- Rescuing people gives you an extra minute of time.
- Rescuing cats restores one heart to your health.
- You don’t HAVE to rescue people or cats or complete missions. Sometimes being quick is more important, especially in your early game.
- You must complete missions given to you by Miss Ion to earn upgrade tokens. Use these at the Upgrade screen to unlock each upgrade category. Upgrade Tokens will be retained between games but money won’t.
Meet The Developers