Zettabyte MPR, LLC have just announced the second
Power-Up Digital Games Conference (PDGC).
The FREE event will take place on the chat app Discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/pdgc) from February 2nd to 5th (Thursday to Sunday).
The theme will focus on the development process and give budding developers more of a chance to shine and show off their projects and what they can really do, while listening to games industry legends give their wisdom and experience. The guest speakers will give their words of advice and insight, as before, while many of them will delve more into the development cycle, proper project management, marketing, the basics, and even the more advanced necessities. This culminates to a single theme that Zettabyte MPR has dubbed the “PDGC II: The Devs Strike Back!”. The Conference (otherwise known as the PDGC) is a 100% free event to help educate and inspire new developers, indie developers, aspiring game testers, or anyone willing to listen to words of wisdom among the industry. No travel, no hotels, no need to leave the house. “Since it’s on Discord, you can attend via your computer or your smartphone,” Jesse Collins, CEO of Zettabyte MPR, LLC and founder of the PDGC explained the original premise of the PDGC. “It’s not often you can attend a Conference in your pajamas.”
The first PDGC, themed “Words of Wisdom”, took place last July during a 24/7, full-week-long extravaganza. Between a whopping total of 27 talks among the most outstanding and knowledgeable speakers, the event was successful, even though there was: zero budget, a minimal (but enthusiastic) volunteer staff, and the help of some great partnerships.
This year, the PDGC takes place for four days instead, and will contain more action and speakers than ever before. During the first PDGC, 22 special guests attended and spoke (sometimes more than once), giving their expert opinions and experiences to newcomers in the games industry and anyone just willing to learn.
Out of those, we have confirmed fifteen of them will be joining the PDGC again:
- Billy Joe Cain (Director of Business Development, Meta 3D Studios)
- Chris Pusczak (President, SymbioVR)
- Connor VanDyke (President, Major Games)
- Dave Oshry (CEO, New Blood Interactive)
- Dave Vogt (CEO, The Ludicrous Ones)
- Gabriel Orlandelli (Lead Designer, Major Games)
- Gregory MacMartin, (CEO, IDGi)
- Greg Zeschuk (Former Founder, Bioware)
- Jess Brummer (Project Director, Burnout Game Studios)
- Jesse Collins (CEO, Zettabyte MPR, LLC)
- Joerg Droege (Writer, Scene World Magazine)
- Rebecca Heineman (President, Olde Skuul)
- Renee Gittins (President, Stumbling Cat)
- Richie Bisso (President, Hyperkinetic Studios)
- Rupert Meghnot (CXO, Burnout Game Ventures)
In addition to the returning guests, the PDGC II will feature an additional slew of nineteen newcomers to the PDGC (giving a total of 34!), including:
- Becky Taylor (Game Industry Consultant)
- Blair Leggett (CTO, One More Story Games)
- Chad Hoover (President, Continuum Studio)
- David Baity (CTO, Crimson Leaf, LLC)
- Heidi MacDonald (Creative Director & Head Troublemaker, iThrive)
- James Morgan III (CEO, IndieBox)
- Japheth Dillman (CEO, CLEVR; CCO, YetiZen; VP of Content, PlayTable)
- Jason Fader (Game Designer, Night Dive Studios)
- Jean Leggett (CEO, One More Story Games)
- MJ Johns (Founder, Astire Games)
- Neal Hallford (Executive Producer, Swords and Circuitry Studios)
- Nolan Clemmons (Founder & CEO, Wufasta)
- Piotr Sobolewski (CEO, The Knights of Unity)
- Radka Janek (Game Programmer; Various)
- Sean Siem (Director of Operations VR/AR, Jetstream Software)
- Sebastien Pacetti (CEO, Yunoia)
- Stephen Kick (President, Night Dive Studios)
- Stephen Machuga (President, Stack Up)
- Tyler Coleman (Founder, Retora Game Studios)
Panels will be a new feature among the talks. During the Conference, we will feature either panels of Special Guests speaking about a topic, or allow attendees to discuss specific topics
verbally. The first two to be announced are:
- “Restoring the Classics – Turok, System Shock, Fallout, and Rise of the Triad”and the future of them from those in the know.
- Classic games are being remade left and right. Find out more detail on the past and the future of them from those in the know.
- Thursday, February 2nd @ 6PM EST
- Featuring Stephen Kick, Jason Fader, and Dave Oshry
- “Legends of RPG”
- Some of the game industry’s most legendary figures join together to talk about Role Playing Games, gaming as a whole, what the future holds, and any type of tangent they find
- Sunday, February 5th @ Midnight EST
- Featuring Rebecca Heineman, Greg Zeschuk, Gregory MacMartin, Neal Hallford, Jason Fader, and Richie Bisso.
During the event, developers will have the ability to show off their games and projects via text channels and Twitch (which, with permission, will be hosted via official streams for viewing).
Constant chat discussion will go within the text channels, asking various questions to be answered by attendees. Official Partners with the PDGC include: Discord, Indie Collaborative Games, PowerUp Games, ProjectMQ, and (of course) Zettabyte MPR.
In addition to the PDGC, there will be a GoFundMe set up for donations to great causes.
Proceeds will be split between Stack-Up, IGDA Foundation, and (a smaller amount to) Zettabyte MPR. “Since the entire event is free, we want to show a way to give back to the community and maybe help keep our own lights on in the process,” Jesse Collins said. “This allows us to help our friends at both Stack-Up and the IGDA Foundation, while not taking away from the spirit of the Conference itself.”
Attendance to the PDGC is 100% FREE, but Zettabyte MPR still recommends registering for the event and states this has its own perks.